Acer Reports Q3 Growth in Laptop and PC Sales, with Gaming Division Leading the Way
Acer has released its report for September 2023 and the entire third quarter, revealing robust growth in its business. The company’s consolidated revenue for September increased by 29.4% month-on-month, reaching TWD 28.06 billion (approximately $874.1 million). Quarterly results also painted a positive picture.
In September, Acer’s laptop business saw a month-on-month revenue growth of 31.3%. The gaming division performed even better with a 45.0% month-on-month increase.
According to Acer’s preliminary estimates, consolidated revenue for Q3 amounted to TWD 67.47 billion (around $2.102 billion), marking a 15.8% growth on a quarterly basis and a 4.0% rise year-on-year. Each business segment displayed positive quarterly dynamics: laptop production revenue increased by 19.4% compared to the previous quarter, desktop computer sales surged by 27.8%, revenue from eco-friendly products in the Vero division saw a 27.8% increase, and the gaming division reported a 29.7% growth.
Public subsidiaries of the Taiwanese electronics giant also delivered positive results. Eleven companies shared their September and Q3 reports, contributing to 24.2% of Acer’s Q3 revenue. Notably, Altos Computing reported a 39.1% revenue increase for the quarter, and Acerpure saw a 12.3% rise.
- I'm Vasyl Kolomiiets, a seasoned tech journalist regularly contributing to global publications. Having a profound background in information technologies, I seamlessly blended my technical expertise with my passion for writing, venturing into technology journalism. I've covered a wide range of topics including cutting-edge developments and their impacts on society, contributing to leading tech platforms.
- Troubleshooting15/11/2023Intel Fixes Critical Vulnerability Affecting All Processors – CVE-2023-23583
- Business15/11/2023Google Pays $8 Billion to Samsung for Default ‘Play Market’ and Search in Galaxy Devices
- Technology04/11/2023North Korea Upgrades Mobile Networks with Huawei Equipment Imports
- Technology03/11/2023Chinese Scientists Invent Passive Saltwater Cooler, Boosts CPU Speed by a Third