Apple Officially Designates 2017 MacBook Pro Laptops as Vintage Products
Apple has expanded its list of vintage products by adding several MacBook Pro models.
The laptops in question are the 2017 MacBook Pro models with the Touch Bar feature, available in both 13-inch and 15-inch screen sizes. Apple has also included the mid-2015 15-inch MacBook Pro model without the Touch Bar in the vintage products list. This particular model was sold until 2018.
A product becomes vintage five years after it is discontinued. Vintage products are no longer eligible for repairs at Apple Stores or authorized service centers, and service availability depends on the availability of replacement parts.
It’s worth noting that the upcoming macOS Sonoma update is compatible with MacBook Pro models from 2018 onwards.
As for the Touch Bar, laptops featuring this function were introduced in 2016. In 2021, Apple reverted to physical function keys. Currently, the 13-inch MacBook Pro is the only model available with the Touch Bar.
This designation as a vintage product means that these MacBook Pro models will become increasingly challenging to repair as time goes on, making it important for users to consider their options if they encounter any issues with their devices.
- I'm Vasyl Kolomiiets, a seasoned tech journalist regularly contributing to global publications. Having a profound background in information technologies, I seamlessly blended my technical expertise with my passion for writing, venturing into technology journalism. I've covered a wide range of topics including cutting-edge developments and their impacts on society, contributing to leading tech platforms.
- Troubleshooting15/11/2023Intel Fixes Critical Vulnerability Affecting All Processors – CVE-2023-23583
- Business15/11/2023Google Pays $8 Billion to Samsung for Default ‘Play Market’ and Search in Galaxy Devices
- Technology04/11/2023North Korea Upgrades Mobile Networks with Huawei Equipment Imports
- Technology03/11/2023Chinese Scientists Invent Passive Saltwater Cooler, Boosts CPU Speed by a Third