ASUS Completes Acquisition of Intel NUC Business
ASUS has finalized its acquisition of Intel’s business division responsible for producing Next Unit of Computing (NUC) mini-PCs. With this deal concluded, the Taiwanese company will continue manufacturing and supporting existing Intel NUC models based on Intel Core processors from the 10th to the 13th generation. In the future, ASUS will introduce its own line of NUC PCs designed for office, entertainment, and other purposes.
ASUS held an official event in Taipei marking the transfer of the entire NUC lineup from Intel, spanning from business-oriented models to gaming computers, ensuring a seamless transition for existing customers. Under the terms of the agreement, the Taiwanese manufacturer gains licenses covering the entire range of systems within the project, including both hardware and software components.
This expansion broadens ASUS’s scope of activities in research and development, logistics, technical support, and other areas. The primary focus remains on delivering high-quality compact PCs with advanced solutions, which the NUC series is known for. Additionally, ASUS intends to enhance the production of environmentally friendly products as part of its lineup.
It’s worth noting that ASUS’s license for Intel NUC is non-exclusive, meaning other manufacturers may also be entrusted with the production of mini-computers in the future. However, at present, ASUS is the sole holder of such a license.
- I'm Martin Harris, a tech writer with extensive experience, contributing to global publications. Trained in Computer Science, I merged my technical know-how with writing, becoming a technology journalist. I've covered diverse topics like AI and consumer electronics, contributing to top tech platforms. I participate in tech events for knowledge updating. Besides writing, I enjoy reading, photography, and aim to clarify technology's complexities to readers.
- Unusual04/11/2023Japanese Scientists Develop Durable, Self-Healing, Biodegradable Plastic
- Blockchain03/11/2023Telegram’s TON Becomes World’s Fastest Blockchain, Outpaces Visa and MasterCard
- Internet27/10/2023Google Search Now Provides Source Data for Images
- Business26/10/2023Honor Leads Chinese Smartphone Market as vivo Falters, Apple Reclaims Top Three