Corporate SSD Market Sees Sharp Decline in Q2 2023, TrendForce Reports
TrendForce, a leading market research company, has released its findings on the global corporate SSD market for the second quarter of 2023. The report indicates a significant drop in sales of these storage devices, attributed to a slowdown in the growth of the cloud sector and reduced investments in IT infrastructure development.
According to the research, spending on corporate SSDs between April and June plummeted by nearly a quarter, down 24.9% compared to the previous quarter. This resulted in total revenue of approximately $1.5 billion for the period.
Samsung remains the largest supplier in this market with a market share of 35.2% and revenue of around $528 million. However, Samsung’s sales saw a decline of 34.1% when compared to the previous quarter. The company was notably affected by reduced demand for general-purpose servers as customers increasingly turned their attention to AI systems.
In the second spot among the top SSD suppliers is SK Group, with quarterly revenue of approximately $374 million, representing an 18.3% decrease compared to the first quarter of 2023. SK Group maintains a 24.9% market share and benefits from consistent orders from North American clients.
Rounding out the top three is Micron, which saw only a 1.8% drop in revenue, totaling $214 million for the quarter. Micron holds a 14.3% share of the global corporate SSD market. The company noted strong demand for SATA drives for general-purpose servers.
The fourth and fifth positions are held by Kioxia and Western Digital, both of which experienced sales declines of 31.1% and 20.0%, respectively, resulting in revenues of $204 million and $180 million. These companies command 13.6% and 12.0% of the market share, respectively.
- I'm Vasyl Kolomiiets, a seasoned tech journalist regularly contributing to global publications. Having a profound background in information technologies, I seamlessly blended my technical expertise with my passion for writing, venturing into technology journalism. I've covered a wide range of topics including cutting-edge developments and their impacts on society, contributing to leading tech platforms.
- Troubleshooting15/11/2023Intel Fixes Critical Vulnerability Affecting All Processors – CVE-2023-23583
- Business15/11/2023Google Pays $8 Billion to Samsung for Default ‘Play Market’ and Search in Galaxy Devices
- Technology04/11/2023North Korea Upgrades Mobile Networks with Huawei Equipment Imports
- Technology03/11/2023Chinese Scientists Invent Passive Saltwater Cooler, Boosts CPU Speed by a Third