Foxconn Promises to Double Business Scale and Workforce in India
In line with the growing role of India in contract electronics manufacturing, the head of the Indian arm of Taiwan’s Foxconn Technology Group has assured the country’s Prime Minister that the company will double its business scale in India and correspondingly increase its workforce in the next 12 months.
V. Lee, as reported by Bloomberg, made this announcement on LinkedIn on the eve of Indian Prime Minister Narendra Modi’s birthday. According to the Foxconn representative, the company “will work even harder to present an even more significant gift next year on his birthday.” Foxconn’s plans for the Indian market include doubling its workforce, increasing foreign direct investments, and expanding its local business operations.
At the very least, these plans include the construction of a facility covering over 120 hectares near Bangalore’s airport, which will employ around 100,000 people. It is speculated that Foxconn will engage in contract manufacturing of iPhones for Apple at this location. It’s worth noting that the Taiwanese company is still hopeful of finding a technological partner to set up semiconductor manufacturing in India. Foxconn currently operates over 30 facilities in the country, providing employment to tens of thousands of workers. The company can already generate up to $10 billion annually from its operations in India.
- I'm Vasyl Kolomiiets, a seasoned tech journalist regularly contributing to global publications. Having a profound background in information technologies, I seamlessly blended my technical expertise with my passion for writing, venturing into technology journalism. I've covered a wide range of topics including cutting-edge developments and their impacts on society, contributing to leading tech platforms.
- Troubleshooting15/11/2023Intel Fixes Critical Vulnerability Affecting All Processors – CVE-2023-23583
- Business15/11/2023Google Pays $8 Billion to Samsung for Default ‘Play Market’ and Search in Galaxy Devices
- Technology04/11/2023North Korea Upgrades Mobile Networks with Huawei Equipment Imports
- Technology03/11/2023Chinese Scientists Invent Passive Saltwater Cooler, Boosts CPU Speed by a Third