Google Founders’ Wealth Increases by $18 Billion Due to AI Success
Google founders Larry Page and Sergey Brin have seen their fortunes grow by $18 billion this week, as the popularity of artificial intelligence technologies has driven the company to announce new features in its search engine and other services.
Over the course of this week, Larry Page’s net worth increased by $9.4 billion to a total of $106.9 billion, while Sergey Brin’s wealth grew by $8.9 billion, ending the week with a net worth of $102.1 billion, according to Bloomberg Billionaires Index data. This marks the largest growth in their fortunes since February 2021.
Last week, Google announced plans to roll out full-scale conversational search and make an AI-based voice assistant available to all users. This move helped the company solidify its market-leading position, with Alphabet’s shares, Google’s parent company, rising by 9.5% in just three days.
Page and Brin, who returned to the company to participate in the development of AI technologies, are among the individuals whose fortunes have grown significantly in 2023, with each of them becoming more than $22 billion richer since the beginning of the year. In the list of the world’s wealthiest people, they currently rank eighth and ninth, respectively. Another beneficiary of the AI boom is former Google CEO Eric Schmidt, whose wealth increased by $1.8 billion this week, with the majority of his $23.6 billion fortune still tied to Alphabet.
- I'm Vasyl Kolomiiets, a seasoned tech journalist regularly contributing to global publications. Having a profound background in information technologies, I seamlessly blended my technical expertise with my passion for writing, venturing into technology journalism. I've covered a wide range of topics including cutting-edge developments and their impacts on society, contributing to leading tech platforms.
- Troubleshooting15/11/2023Intel Fixes Critical Vulnerability Affecting All Processors – CVE-2023-23583
- Business15/11/2023Google Pays $8 Billion to Samsung for Default ‘Play Market’ and Search in Galaxy Devices
- Technology04/11/2023North Korea Upgrades Mobile Networks with Huawei Equipment Imports
- Technology03/11/2023Chinese Scientists Invent Passive Saltwater Cooler, Boosts CPU Speed by a Third