Google to Replace Flat Android Logo with a 3D Variant
Google introduced the latest update to the Android logo, the classic green robot, earlier this year at CES 2023. Well-informed sources from 9to5Google believe that soon, this voluminous variant of the logo will become official, along with an updated proprietary font. It is speculated that the company is planning to abandon the ‘flat aesthetic’ of the previous brand update from 2019.
Specialized news agencies point out that Google first showcased the three-dimensional head of the “droid-beetle” in early January on its Keyword blog. Since then, new examples and confirmations of the updated logo’s reality have repeatedly emerged at trade events and conferences.
Images provided show that the new “voluminous” logo has been used, for example, in the advertising of the Android operating system itself and the Samsung Galaxy S23 Ultra flagship.
9to5Google analysts believe that the reworked brand identity will soon become official. However, Google has been quite reticent about information concerning the launch of the new logo – further details will be revealed later.
Industry insiders assert that Google’s new design language will debut simultaneously with the release of Android 14, codenamed Upside Down Cake. The next-generation mobile OS is currently in beta testing (version 3) and has already reached platform software stability.
- I'm Vasyl Kolomiiets, a seasoned tech journalist regularly contributing to global publications. Having a profound background in information technologies, I seamlessly blended my technical expertise with my passion for writing, venturing into technology journalism. I've covered a wide range of topics including cutting-edge developments and their impacts on society, contributing to leading tech platforms.
- Troubleshooting15/11/2023Intel Fixes Critical Vulnerability Affecting All Processors – CVE-2023-23583
- Business15/11/2023Google Pays $8 Billion to Samsung for Default ‘Play Market’ and Search in Galaxy Devices
- Technology04/11/2023North Korea Upgrades Mobile Networks with Huawei Equipment Imports
- Technology03/11/2023Chinese Scientists Invent Passive Saltwater Cooler, Boosts CPU Speed by a Third