Microsoft Gaming CEO Phil Spencer Serves as Starfield Tester for Over Six Months
In a recent interview with Japanese magazine Famitsu, Microsoft Gaming CEO Phil Spencer revealed his contribution to the development of Bethesda Game Studios’ ambitious space RPG, Starfield.
According to Matt Booty, the head of Xbox Game Studios, every Microsoft tester is currently playing Starfield. As it turns out, Spencer is also taking on this role.
During his conversation with Famitsu, Spencer let slip that he has been spending time in Starfield since November 2022, helping development leader Todd Howard improve the project.
“We talk a lot and passionately about production and creative aspects. This is my favorite part of the job – spending time with creators and discussing game creation,” Spencer shared.
In the interview, Spencer emphasized that the recent 45-minute demonstration of Starfield was the idea of Bethesda Softworks itself, not Microsoft’s management. In the CEO’s opinion, the presentation fit perfectly into the Xbox Games Showcase format.
Spencer spoke highly of the space RPG: “What Todd is doing with Starfield surpasses the scale of all previous Bethesda Softworks’ works. The star systems, scale, and plot in the game are astonishing.”
Starfield will be released on September 6 on PC (Steam, Microsoft Store), Xbox Series X and S, and also in Game Pass (PC and Xbox). According to Howard, the project encompasses “five or six” games at once.
- I'm Vasyl Kolomiiets, a seasoned tech journalist regularly contributing to global publications. Having a profound background in information technologies, I seamlessly blended my technical expertise with my passion for writing, venturing into technology journalism. I've covered a wide range of topics including cutting-edge developments and their impacts on society, contributing to leading tech platforms.
- Troubleshooting15/11/2023Intel Fixes Critical Vulnerability Affecting All Processors – CVE-2023-23583
- Business15/11/2023Google Pays $8 Billion to Samsung for Default ‘Play Market’ and Search in Galaxy Devices
- Technology04/11/2023North Korea Upgrades Mobile Networks with Huawei Equipment Imports
- Technology03/11/2023Chinese Scientists Invent Passive Saltwater Cooler, Boosts CPU Speed by a Third