Opera GX Adds Support for Aria, Its Generative AI Chatbot
Opera GX, the gaming-focused web browser, has integrated its in-house AI chatbot, Aria, into its platform. Aria, a generative AI chatbot powered by OpenAI’s GPT technology (similar to ChatGPT), is now available to Opera GX users.
Aria was initially introduced in Opera’s flagship browser earlier this year. This AI chatbot is versatile, capable of fetching the latest information from the web to answer user queries. It leverages Opera’s proprietary Compositor architecture, enabling it to generate code and provide a wide range of functionalities. Users can turn to Aria for updates on upcoming gaming seasons, character bios, and advice for launching a streaming career.
One of Aria’s standout features is “AI Prompts,” which allows users to select text within the browser. Aria then generates contextual information related to the highlighted text.
In a blog post, Opera explained:
Aria is not your average AI—equipped with Opera’s proprietary Composer architecture, Aria can not only write code but also taps into the real-time pulse of the internet, providing you with up-to-the-minute results that can answer all of GX users’ questions. With this new feature, Opera GX Early Bird users can now interact directly with a friendly browser AI who has all the latest gaming news and tips right at their fingertips.
To use Aria on the Opera GX browser, users need to enable the “Early Bird” option in the browser settings. Afterward, they can set up the chatbot via the sidebar by signing in with their free Opera account.
Last month, it was reported that Opera’s generative AI tool had attracted one million users since its launch. In addition to Windows, Linux, and macOS, the AI chatbot has also been made available in the Opera browser for Android and iOS.
- I'm Vasyl Kolomiiets, a seasoned tech journalist regularly contributing to global publications. Having a profound background in information technologies, I seamlessly blended my technical expertise with my passion for writing, venturing into technology journalism. I've covered a wide range of topics including cutting-edge developments and their impacts on society, contributing to leading tech platforms.
- Troubleshooting15/11/2023Intel Fixes Critical Vulnerability Affecting All Processors – CVE-2023-23583
- Business15/11/2023Google Pays $8 Billion to Samsung for Default ‘Play Market’ and Search in Galaxy Devices
- Technology04/11/2023North Korea Upgrades Mobile Networks with Huawei Equipment Imports
- Technology03/11/2023Chinese Scientists Invent Passive Saltwater Cooler, Boosts CPU Speed by a Third