Qualcomm to Supply Chips for BMW and Mercedes-Benz Vehicles
American chip developer Qualcomm has announced that it will supply microchips for the infotainment systems of premium-class vehicles produced by Mercedes-Benz and BMW.
Qualcomm is a leading processor supplier for smartphones, but over the past year, the smartphone market has seen a noticeable decline. Therefore, the automotive sector can partially compensate for these temporary setbacks. The American company closely collaborates with automakers, providing them with hardware platforms for infotainment systems and driver assistance systems, including partial autonomy features. Qualcomm’s revenue in this segment grew by 13% in the last quarter.
For BMW, the American chipmaker will supply platforms for voice control systems, while Mercedes-Benz E-Class models equipped with Qualcomm processors will be available for purchase in 2024. By 2026, Qualcomm plans to increase its revenue from the automotive sector to $4 billion, and by the end of the decade, it aims for $9 billion in revenue, according to Qualcomm’s CEO Cristiano Amon in an interview at the Munich Motor Show.
The Snapdragon Digital Chassis hardware-software solution allows automakers to implement driver assistance and autonomous driving features, develop infotainment systems, and establish connections to cloud resources.
- I'm Martin Harris, a tech writer with extensive experience, contributing to global publications. Trained in Computer Science, I merged my technical know-how with writing, becoming a technology journalist. I've covered diverse topics like AI and consumer electronics, contributing to top tech platforms. I participate in tech events for knowledge updating. Besides writing, I enjoy reading, photography, and aim to clarify technology's complexities to readers.
- Unusual04/11/2023Japanese Scientists Develop Durable, Self-Healing, Biodegradable Plastic
- Blockchain03/11/2023Telegram’s TON Becomes World’s Fastest Blockchain, Outpaces Visa and MasterCard
- Internet27/10/2023Google Search Now Provides Source Data for Images
- Business26/10/2023Honor Leads Chinese Smartphone Market as vivo Falters, Apple Reclaims Top Three