TikTok Introduces Labeling for AI-Generated Content
The short video platform TikTok has announced the launch of a new feature that will allow creators to explicitly indicate when their content has been generated using artificial intelligence (AI). This enhancement was first noticed by users last month and is aimed at increasing transparency and honesty in content creation.
According to the new rules, content creators are required to disclose whether their material was created using AI. When making a video or photo, users will receive a reminder to enable the labeling feature. The label “AI” will appear beneath the user’s name in the bottom left corner of the video. The company has emphasized that unmarked AI-generated content may be removed.
In the near future, TikTok plans to begin testing automatic labeling for all AI-generated content. This is part of the company’s effort to ensure transparency and prevent the spread of fake content, which has already garnered millions of views due to the use of voice cloning programs, the creation of fake songs, and videos featuring celebrities.
Additionally, TikTok has mandated that creators of filters and effects rename tools that operate based on AI, adding the abbreviation “AI” to their names. For example, the Bold Glamour face filter that appeared on TikTok in March will undergo a renaming procedure.
TikTok aims to create an environment where users can confidently distinguish genuine content from AI-generated content. This will help prevent the spread of misinformation and support the audience’s trust in the platform.
- I'm Martin Harris, a tech writer with extensive experience, contributing to global publications. Trained in Computer Science, I merged my technical know-how with writing, becoming a technology journalist. I've covered diverse topics like AI and consumer electronics, contributing to top tech platforms. I participate in tech events for knowledge updating. Besides writing, I enjoy reading, photography, and aim to clarify technology's complexities to readers.
- Unusual04/11/2023Japanese Scientists Develop Durable, Self-Healing, Biodegradable Plastic
- Blockchain03/11/2023Telegram’s TON Becomes World’s Fastest Blockchain, Outpaces Visa and MasterCard
- Internet27/10/2023Google Search Now Provides Source Data for Images
- Business26/10/2023Honor Leads Chinese Smartphone Market as vivo Falters, Apple Reclaims Top Three