X Social Network, Elon Musk’s Transformative Platform, Attracts Over 500 Million Users in July
In the past week, Twitter users witnessed a significant transformation as the traditional blue bird logo was replaced with a sleek “X” symbol against a black background. This change marked a pivotal moment for the social network X, which now boasts more than 541 million active users per month. Owned by visionary entrepreneur Elon Musk, X has been making waves with its innovative approach to social networking. However, recent incidents have brought attention to potential clashes with local authorities due to Musk’s assertive leadership style.
The Rooftop Controversy: Recently, CNBC reported that city authorities have expressed dissatisfaction with Elon Musk’s perceived “autocratic” behavior. Musk’s decision to convert office spaces in the headquarters into sleeping quarters after downsizing staff led to clashes with local authorities, who argued that such actions should be lawfully coordinated.
Adding fuel to the fire was the installation of a luminescent “X” on the rooftop of the company’s headquarters. Installing such structures on high-rise buildings also requires approval from local authorities, a step Musk’s team seemed to have skipped. When inspectors arrived to assess the safety of the installation, X’s employees declined them entry, citing the structure’s temporary presence for an ongoing event.
X’s Record-Breaking User Count: Despite these controversies, Elon Musk proudly announced that X achieved an impressive milestone in July by reaching 541,562,214 active users who visit the platform regularly. Musk emphasized that this number has already accounted for a significant portion of bot accounts, making it a new record for X in the current year. This success contrasts with rival app Threads, launched by Mark Zuckerberg’s Meta Platforms on July 5, which initially attracted 100 million users within its first week. Unfortunately, more than half of those users lost interest in Threads over time, prompting Zuckerberg to consider introducing new features and integrating it with Instagram.
Rebranding Efforts: To disassociate X from Twitter’s historical symbol and name, Elon Musk facilitated a change in the label of the button used to publish posts on X’s pages. The familiar “Tweet” label was temporarily replaced with the more generic “Post” instead. This move appears to be on track for final approval, hinting at X’s determination to forge its unique identity in the social media landscape.
Elon Musk’s X social network has managed to draw over 500 million users in July, a testament to its innovative approach and rapidly expanding user base. As the platform continues to evolve, it may encounter some challenges with local authorities, but the ambitious venture shows no signs of slowing down. With a renewed focus on user engagement and further developments on the horizon, X aims to solidify its position as a dominant force in the world of social networking.
- I'm Vasyl Kolomiiets, a seasoned tech journalist regularly contributing to global publications. Having a profound background in information technologies, I seamlessly blended my technical expertise with my passion for writing, venturing into technology journalism. I've covered a wide range of topics including cutting-edge developments and their impacts on society, contributing to leading tech platforms.
- Troubleshooting15/11/2023Intel Fixes Critical Vulnerability Affecting All Processors – CVE-2023-23583
- Business15/11/2023Google Pays $8 Billion to Samsung for Default ‘Play Market’ and Search in Galaxy Devices
- Technology04/11/2023North Korea Upgrades Mobile Networks with Huawei Equipment Imports
- Technology03/11/2023Chinese Scientists Invent Passive Saltwater Cooler, Boosts CPU Speed by a Third